Having the knowledge to start a craft business means following the same methods as for any other business. Knowing who your customers are is a first. What exactly do you want to market? Who are your competitors? Would people have a need for what you are selling? How much money and time do you intended to invest in the growth of your business? All very valid questions one must ask when contemplating becoming an entrepreneur. Well, here are a few tips to remember if you have a craft idea that you may want to turn into a business.
- MAKE SURE YOUR CRAFT IDEA IS ONE THAT WOULD BE LIKED – If no one likes what you’re offering, then two things are gonna happen. Either they will just buy to patronize you(not because the really need or want it) maybe because they are your friends and family. Worst than that, they just would not buy at all.
- MAKE A LOT OF FRIENDS – Remember you never know what situation you may end up in and need the help of someone. Plus if people know they are potential customers, then they expect you to be nice and friendly to them. Don’t overdo it, just be professional.
- ALWAYS HAVE SAMPLES OF YOUR WORK TO DISPLAY – pictures are also good enough, just in case an opportunity arises with an interested, zealous customer.
- SET ASIDE TIME FOR YOUR CRAFT BUSINESS – If this is not done, your business may fail or just would not grow.
- GET A WEBSITE – You will need to market your stuff and give people a chance to view what you have to offer. Have a blog on your site informing people about your product.
- FIGURE OUT YOUR PROFIT – How much money do you intend to make or how much would you like to pay yourself?
With these tips we give you 25 craft ideas you can make and sell right from the comfort of your home.
#1 make your own mail-able slice cake right from the comfort of your home
#2 make and sell your own dog treats right from home
#3 make and sell your own lip balm
#4 make and sell your own crayon candles
#5 if you know about sewing you can make and sell neck/bow ties and other clothing for pets right from your own home
#6 make and sell hair accessories
#7 you can make and sell coasters right from YOUR SHELTER
#8 Also you can make and sell custom made personalized flatware
#9 make and sell candy cane soap bars right AT HOME
#10 make and sell postcards and also take orders for custom made cards right from your home
#11 you can learn to sew design and sell jute bags
#12 make and sell diy multi-colored friendship bracelets right from your own home
#13 make and sell cell phone cases
#14 if your an amateur artist/painter you can advertise and sell your work REALIZED AT HOME
#15 make and sell bath bombs
#16 create mason jars and sell right from the comfort of your home
#17 make and sell decorative wreaths
#18 if you can crotchet then why not market and sell your handiwork right from your own home?
#19 Make and sell jewelry right from the comfort of your own home
#20 make and sell baked items right from your oven
#21 make and sell delicate paper lanterns
#22 you can also make and sell throw pillows perfect for living room decor
#23 make and sell doily bowls
#24 make and sell soap dshes from the comfort of your home
#25 make and sell your own rope rug
Great ideas to start a crafts business right from the comfort of your own home. We invite you to share your own crafts and ideas in this creative topic in the comment section below. Craft away!