Keeping your fridge clean and organized all the time is a task not many of us are able to accomplish successfully. Time is one of the main enemies that stand in our way, always passing by us and never seeming to be enough for us to really take our tasks to an end. But when it comes to the kitchen area, the fridge in particular should be a very clean zone, filled with nutritious foods and products meant to fed our bodies and minds and help us get through all the daily stress.
At a first glace the entire idea of organizing ones fridge might seem a little bit frightening at first. But the truth is the methods used in storing food properly and organizing the entire thing are very easy and within your reach.The first step should always contain a little bit of research: knowing exactly what to but, where to store, how to store and how long will those product last before expiring or going bad. Fruits and vegetables are the main concern here whereas other items have an expiration date set on their label. Nonetheless, avoid buying items that promise to last too long as they contain a numerous list of harmful preservatives and toxic ingredients meant to modify the structure of the product itself. The next step refers to deep cleaning the fridge with antibacterial products and the sorting of the items contained. Place the soon expiring items in an “eat me now box ” and structure your entire fridge on food groups. Invest money on dollar store plastic containers that will require labeling and a smarter usage of your fridge space.
Follow a few simple guidelines and get creative when it comes to organizing your fridge.The following gallery contains 15 Fridge Organizing Hacks You Should Definitely Try. Enjoy!
Fridge Organizing Hacks you should try
1. create an “Eat Me First” box to avoid wasting products and thus saving up on your week’s meal budget
2. use egg cartons to place sauce bottles upside down for easier utilization
Via Alton Brown
3. avoid messy spill cleanups in your fridge by adding plastic sheets on your shelves and easily replacing them when necessary
Via The Virtuous Wife
4. use magnets on the bottoms of your containers for adding the vertical walls of th fridge to the “STORING” zones
Via Tater Tots and Jello
5. freezer shelves can be created out of magazines holders, helping you keep products neat and organized
Via Aunt Peaches
6. a Lazy Susan will aid you organize your products by type
Via Rant Chic
7. place a basket in your crisper drawer for fruit and vegetable storage
Via Heart Organizing
8. reusable fabric shopping bags are ideal for storing meat and vegetables in the freezer
Via If You Do Stuff, Stuff Gets Done Blog
9. use the bottom shelf of the freezer to create an approved snack zone for your little ones
Via Stockpiling MomsD
10. use chalkboard paint to redecorate your fridge and use chalk to write the daily menu
Via The Kurtz Corner
11. dollar-store baskets can come in handy when trying to organize your fridge into food groups
Via The Domestic Geek Blog
12. matching squeeze bottles are an ideal solution for all those different bottles and jars
Via Chez Larsson
13. use the space underneath a shelf to clip opened vegetable / fruit bags
14. make labels for your door shelving
Photo via: bhg.com
15. use sliding trays for ADDITIONAL storage space
What do you think about these smart easy ideas? How do you keep your fridge organized? Feel free to share your tips and tricks in the comment section below.