Decorating your home for the summer can be a real, full-time activity because there are just so many things that you can take inspiration from. The season alone can inspire you with its beautiful colors and warm weather. But there are many activities specific to summer that we are more familiar with. Hitting the beach, going for a mountain hike or chilling in a swimming pool are just some of our favorite summer activities. But all of these things can be used as additional inspiration when it comes to crafting your own decorations.
How do you decide where to start from, when there are literally tons of amazing DIY ideas for summer decorating? It’s best to choose something simple and easy. Something that won’t take too much of your time, because, it is summer after all and you should be out there, enjoying the beautiful weather and the summer scenery.
To begin with, we would like to suggest you to try and craft a summer wreath for your front door or porch. It is a small thing, sure, but it is the kind of small thing that can make a huge statement. How? You’ll see in just a moment.
The summer wreath is the perfect addition to your front door because it can bring color and creativity to the first piece of your home that anyone will experience – the entrance. We are going to show you 20 ideas that can and will inspire you with their creative designs. They all come with step by step tutorials that will show you how to make them but don’t be afraid to throw in some of your own creativity during the process.
1. Add a punch of color to your wreath with faux fruits
2. Choose your favorite patterned cupcake liners to make an adorable wreath to hang indoors or out
3. Add wooden cutout words or initials to your wreath for a personalized touch
4. pom-pom flowers come in blue, pink and purple, but sometimes simple white is best
5. Wired to a simple grapevine wreath, sprigs of artificial greenery could pass for the real thing
6. Decorate your front door with a wreath made out of succulents
7. Turn your driftwood collection into a DIY summer wreath
8. Collect tulips and put them together to make a stunning wreath for the summer
9. Choose your favorite flowers, and attach ’em to a wire wreath frame
10. Put a bow on it! Long white ribbon looks perfectly romantic on a summer wreath
11. glue together pineapple honeycomb centerpieces that you can find at the party store
12. tie colorful fabric strips to a wire frame for this watermelon summer wreath
13. Mark your territory with a big initial wreath made out of burlap and twig
14. Use cocktail umbrellas to craft a wreath for the summer
15. Crochet a front door wreath that looks like the sun
16. display tiny swimsuits clipped to a tiny clothesline and you will make a big statement that summer fun has begun
17. If your door needs a touch of Americana, this red, white and blue decoration is the perfect thing to add
18. If you find yourself constantly dreaming of lounging at the beach, fill the void between beach weekends with this colorful craft
19. An anchor detail and seashell garland transform this rope-covered wreath into a coastal creation
20. An assortment of shells make an impressive impact on this simple grapevine wreath
How do you like these creative diy summer wreaths ? We would love to hear from you in the comment section below !