Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Rented homes represent a difficult issue in matters of interior design and decorations. But it is essential to express your personality through your design scheme in order to transform the new house into your future home. We have featured 28 Insanely Creative Decorating Tricks To Beautify Your Rented Home we hope you’ll find appealing. Enjoy!
1. Create Wall Art With Super Easy Tape
Whether you use diamonds as showcased above or a geometric pattern of your own, creating wall art with tape is easy and affordable. Moreover you can remove it with ease when you move out. Keep in mind that it might leave marks on the walls, be sure you have permission to use them on the walls; if not you might be able to use them on doors where it is far easier to remove marks.
2. Use Scrapbooking Paper to Create a Bird-shaped Decal
Simple and graphic. You can use any kind of recycled paper and you can materialize any kind of decal. Take the bird-shaped example as a starting point for your endeavours. If you are not allowed to stick things to the wall you can start your project on a piece of salvaged wood or cardboard and simply lean it against the wall. You can follow the tutorial below but we suggest you to use painter`s tape rather than Mod Podge.
3. Showcase Faux Flowers of Your Choosing on a Blank Wall
4. Choose The Personal Approach and Showcase Homemade Paper Flowers
5. Turn Photos Into Faux Polaroids and Showcase Memories on a Clothesline
Simple graphic and filled with substance. Each memory worth sharing should be shared.
Follow this tutorial .
6. Showcase Memories as Wall Art in Different Shapes
You can use this method to showcase memories without damaging the walls. Feel free to plant the pictures on headboards, doors or pieces of furniture. This move will rapidly change the new house into a new home.
Tutorial at rookiemag.com
7. Colorize Your Walls With Tape Paper Streamers
If you are allowed to intervene on the walls this is an extremely graphic method to change things around. This will become the perfect spot to take pictures in your home.
8. Create Retro Faux Picture Frames Using Washi Tape
Simple and efficient whilst being inexpensive. With this practice you can change your decor as often as you like without problems.
9. DIY Stand Alone Sign to Welcome Guests and Coziness
Simple upcycled foam craft. Temporary but effective.
10. Colorful Doilies on the Wall
Start from the bottom up overlapping layer by layer slowly tailoring a colorful pattern of your own. If you have permissions to apply this decor you will obtain an extraordinary depth along with a colorful pattern. Craft away!
11. Position Over-sized Inspiring Quotes on the Walls
You can use one simple word or an entire poem. Make sure that the scale fits or contrasts your decor properly and follow these instructions to ensure success.
12. Form Follows Function With Suspended Home Supply Organizers
An office supply organizer that doubles as art can look extremely good and almost vintage-like. When you have to move you can just roll the entire thing and fit it wherever you have space available.
13. Materialized Over-sized Confetti Murals
Small pieces of paper, preferably colored paper shaped into circles arranged in the shape of your liking on a poster or directly on the wall.
14. Accessorize Your Shelves With Scalloped Borders
Use post-its and colorful tape and you are good to go. Simple.
15. Hang Framed Photos by Using Velcro Strips
16. Paper Geometric Patchwork Art
You can use this practice close to your bed to work like a temporary headboard.
17. Heart Shaped Geometric Paper Wall Art
18. Circle Collage Materialized in a Piece of Art
The possibilities are infinite here. Pick the right scale, the right texture and color. Contrast or complement. Be an artist.
19. Colorful Garland Enhancing Your New Door
20. Salvage an Old Shutter and Transform It Into a Magazine Organizer
This DIY project is simply extraordinary because you do not need to nail anything into the wall and with it you can customize any room. You can use different sizes and colors.
21. Transform Paint Chips Into Wall Installations
If you have any way to obtain the sample you are good to go. This is even better than actually painting your walls. The huge color variation and subtle gradients are improving the aesthetic values of your new home with ease.
22. Giant Photo 3D Murals
With a proper 3D mural you will step into another realm. You have a wide variety of 3D murals to choose from. Just pick the right one for you.
23. Marquee Letter Decor Display
You can accessorize your apartment like a superstar with ease.
24. Accessorize With Big Colorful Cushions
Use this tutorial to obtain a fluffy drop of color in your decor.
25. Use Temporary Wallpaper to Obtain the Desired Result
26. Make Use of Geometric Wall Hanging to Create a Wallpaper Effect
27. Recycle Paper or Use Scrapbook Paper as a Temporary Headboard
You can change you headboard as often as you like whilst recycling paper. Green and fashionable at the same time.
28. Graphic Cluster of Paper Flowers
Regardless of the paper flowers showcased you simply can`t go wrong with this practice.