Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
The backyard landscape along with the front porch are by far one of the most important spots in our universe even if we realize it or not, we spend hours, days, years of our lives outdoors and we should pay attention to our small heaven. If you are getting ready to furnish your terrace patio or porch you should definitely plan ahead.
A modern design may fit your modern mansion but there are still a lot of details to go through because in the end you need to have a place to relax, entertain and dine with family of friends in the highest grade of comfort possible. Being surrounded by vegetation will not only bring a mesmerizing breathtaking apparel but fresh air as well. One way of surrounding your self in nature is by making use of a pergola; a pergola by definition is a structure or archway, most of the time realized out of wood, with a framework covered in trailing or climbing plants. It`s realized only out of posts and beams, including no walls or roof most of the time, allowing plants to grow as organic and normal as possible. This pergola could be freestanding in the middle of a green area or attached to your terrace, on top of the terrace, by the swimming pool, wherever you need a shaded placed to relax and have fun, if your thinking of attaching it to the home you might need to use a gazebo though, which is a free standing structure with a peaked roof this time and an open framework with a proper roof.
Before starting to build or buy a garden pergola, here are some tips that you might use:
1. If your home did not have a pergola design from the start in the project you have to carefully think where you are going to place the pergola, the backyard landscaping and apparel of the home can be influence massively and the pergola should become an asset not a disadvantage to the whole ensemble. Take time to research the pergola design and the positioning.
2. Even though we all hate paperwork, council approval and or permits should be obtained before the work begins.
3. You should make sure that the building materials are proper for outdoor use, wood is probably the most used material in pergola designs but it should be treated first. Metal pergolas are now available as well but the compared to wood it expresses a far more cold look.
4. All pergolas must be built to withstand the elements, the vegetation will help the whole structure if they`re mature already but to ensure long term strength and safety you should use bolt and screws rather then nails.
5. Even though they`re not personal, pergola kits are available, and if you would choose such a kit you should consult a capable handyman or the services of an experienced builder, they might seem easy to built but you can always use an extra hand.
6. It helps to ask the builder for credentials and to see previous examples of their work if possible, it will help you define the dream and to make sure that the work will be completed as it should.
Long story short, the backyard landscaping is very important, green labyrinths, small ponds, infinity swimming pools,cobblestone or wood pathways, water fountains, wonderful white or colorful flowers around small trees flanking the main pathway, these elements are drops of heaven and are introducing a wonderful state. There is nothing in the would more refreshing then a cop of coffee in the middle of a green heaven, your own small refugee, at any given time, who would not like to have such a retreat each evening or afternoon after a long day at work.