Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
You all probably know already that there are tons of DIY Cleaning recipes that are performing extraordinary from all points of view. Let us take a small tour through seven ideas that have vinegar in common and ditch the chemical and petroleum-based cleaners for a moment. Your home will definitely earn points in the eco-friendly tab and so will you. There are a few clear advantages worth mentioning when it comes to DIY cleaning recipes using vinegar:
- Little to no packaging waste. Basically you will start purchasing bottles over and over again, helping the environment a little.
- DIY Cleaning Recipes are easy on the wallet.
- Your recipe will be less harmful on animals, plants or humans if not completely safe.
- The scent that homemade DIY Cleaning Recipes are wearing is incomparable to the ones purchased.
A few hints worth knowing and sharing.
- By default White Vinegar cuts grease, deodorizes and disinfects perfectly.
- Baking Soda also cuts grease, deodorizes, lifts dirt and whitens.
- Some Essential oils such as tea tree, clove, lavender etc do cut grease, deodorize and disinfect
- Lemon juice both disinfects and whitens
- Olive Oil is renowned for lifting dirt
- Castile Soap is used to cut grease and lifts dirt
Homemade DIY Cleaning Recipes Using Vinegar
All-Purpose Cleaner Recipe
- 3 parts filtered water –Buy Filter Here
- 1 part vinegar
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 5-7 drops of lemon essential oil or thieves essential oil
Add the mixture in a spray bottle and add warm water to fill the recipient.
Glass and Mirror
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup filtered water Buy Filter Here
- Spray and wipe with a cloth or skoy towel –Buy Cleaning Cloth
- just plain old filtered water Buy Filter Here
All-Purpose Non-Abrasive Scrubber For Tubes and Sinks
- 1/2 cup castile soap
- 1/2 cup of filtered water Buy Filter Here
- 1/4 cup vinegar
You can mix it in a spray bottle and you’re good to go.
Disinfectant Floor Cleaner
- 1 gallon/bucket of warm water
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- a small squeeze of castile soap
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 drops of tea tree oil
Furniture Polish -Test on Wood Before Using
- 2 cup filtered water Buy Filter Here
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- Mix in a spray bottle
- 1 cup or more baking soda
- Filtered water Buy Filter Here
- A squirt or two of castile soap
You should sprinkle water all over the bottom of your oven and then cover it with enough baking soda. Give it a night to allow the chemical reaction to win your battle. Wipe everything up and if you feel the need you can add some castile soap on your rag to clean the residue left in the oven. If the result is not what you’ve expected add comfortably more baking soda and it will sure shine in the end.
Stainless Steel Cleaner
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Serve some oil on your cleaning cloth and rub the surfaces wearing smudges. On the other side dab white vinegar, wipe it and let it dry.
This is it. Seven extremely efficient homemade DIY cleaning recipes that should ensure the shining of your home in any situation in a wonderful scent without harming the environment. Are you ready to become a little more green?