Deep shades of purple and mild green tones infuse calmness and freshness into any decor and bring on a French Vintage flair we adore. Lavender has been for a long time used as the perfect cure for headaches and as an effective relaxation method .With this thought in mind we have started today a little project revolving around this lovely plant and its scented flowers: a DIY Lavender Bath Salts in 7 Easy Steps craft perfect to fill your home with wonder and magic. For other easy creative DIY handmade projects read the following articles:
“Lavender is used extensively with herbs such as chamomile in aromatherapy. Infusions are believed to soothe insect bites, burns, and headaches. Bunches of lavender repel insects. In pillows, lavender seeds and flowers aid sleep and relaxation. An infusion of flower heads added to a cup of boiling water is used to soothe and relax at bedtime. Lavender oil (or extract of lavender) is used to treat acne when diluted 1:10 with water, rosewater, or witch hazel; it also treats skin burns and inflammatory conditions.”
Epsom bath salts 4Tbsp.
Sea salt 8 Tbsp
Lavender essential oil- 5 drops
Lavender flower buds
1. start by adding the NECESSARY quantities of epsom and sea salt to a glass container
While sea salt is used as the main base, the Epsom salts have very therapeutic effects due to the high concentration of Magnesium contained, incredible in relieving stress and calming down muscle cramps and eliminating accumulated toxins from your body.
2. add dried lavender flower buds to the salt mixture
Dry up lavender flowers in advance all summer long and preserve them in closed bags to maintain their aroma. Add the dried flower buds to enhance the bath salt’s therapeutic effects.
3. in a separate bowl mix blue and red colorant to obtain that vibrant purple tone
Lavender bath salts are expected to have a delicate purple shade so you could obtain it by adding organic colorants to your mixture. Don’t overdue it though.
4. make sure you mix the colors properly to obtain a perfectly even purple tone
5. add the colorant to the salt mixture and mix everything together with the lavender essential oil
Lavender essential oil is the last ingredient in this simple recipe which adds the final touch to the perfect bath salts. A few drops should suffice.
6. and your luxurious relaxing lavender bath salt is ready to take a place in your spa bathroom
Place your brand new handmade bath salts in a glass container and keep it close for those relaxing evening baths that will relax your body and mind as well.
7. make sure to keep the glass container closed in order to preserve the intense scent
We invite you to try this wonderful flavored bath salt craft and to leave your valuable feedback in the comment section below.