Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
The A’ Design Award & Competition is one of the largest and most renowned international design awards in the field of architecture. The results for the 2018-2019 design awards have already been announced, and it has grown more prominent with a total of 2437 winners from 106 countries.
The award was given across 98 different design disciplines, and it aims to increase awareness for good designs by promoting and highlighting only the best projects.
These winning designs have been carefully selected and evaluated from thousands of different project submissions that range from realized to conceptual work. The best designs are curated from the presentations by a globally recognized jury panel that is composed of- prominent press members, esteemed scholars, experienced entrepreneurs, and creative design professionals.
The winners of the A’ Design Award receive a trophy, which is a symbol of excellence in the field of design and innovation.
However, the comprehensive winners kit come with a host of other benefits that include- a certificate, winners’ badge, inclusion in the yearbook publication, opportunity to participate in an exhibition, inclusion in the world design rankings, feedback from the jury panel, invite to attend the gala night that is hosted by the awards for better networking, as well as both marketing and PR services. To know more about the list of benefits, you can click on this link.
Brickkiln Folk Inn and Museum Make Village Newborn by Kevin Hu
Moreover, the winners get a chance to be a part of the rich database of architectural inspiration that has been earlier established by the award. It mainly focuses on celebrating the latest trends in architecture, arts, and technology.
This platform gives the opportunity to interact with various influential people in the design field that helps the winners to find ways to connect with the public. Click here to check out the online gallery of winners alongside interviews with the winning designers.
Plus, the winners are recognized under five different distinction levels, such as- iron, bronze, silver, gold, and platinum A’ Design Award. These levels are distributed annually across a range of design disciplines. For the best part, institutions, companies, and designers from all countries are invited every year to participate in the open call by sending in their entries.
The A’ Design Award is given for a variety of categories that include the following:
- Good Spatial Design- Interior design, Architecture, Landscape Design, and Urban Design.
- Good Communication Design- Interaction design, Graphics Design, and Marketing Design.
- Good Industrial Design- Appliance Design, Product Design, Machinery Design, and Vehicle Design.
- Good System Design- Service Design, Design Quality, Innovation, and Strategy.
- Good Fashion Design- Fashion Accessory Design, Garment Design and Footwear Design.
- Excellent presentations in the field of Art and Literature.
Even though the recent 2018-2019 edition is over, the entries for the 2019-2020 competition is open for registration. The interested companies, architects, designers, and artists can send in their best work, products, and projects for consideration by submitting their documents here.
By following this link, you can also find other valuable information regarding this design competition such as- key dates, entry forms, list of jury members, evaluation criteria along with presentation guidelines.
A’ Interior Space and Exhibition Design Award Winners
- A’ Interior Space and Exhibition Design Award Winners
- Kikuchi City Central Library Municipal public library by Kazunobu Nakamura
- American International School of GZ School by Vantree Design and Pearl River Design
- Images of Roaringwild – Uniwalk by Kingson Leung
- Lotus Spring Exhibition Hall by Jianjing Cai – TRD
- R l Restaurant by Minhan Lin
- Ember Restaurant by Rockwell Group
- Geo-electrified Cinema by CM Jao and Ken Cheung
- Kanra Kyoto Hotel by UDS Ltd.
- Clear Reflections Jewelry Shop by Jacksam Yang
- Urban Eden Residential Villa Showroom by Ji Pan
- Jurong Library- Jinke Branch Library
- Cafe Amoy All Day Dining by Ryoichi Niwata
- The Duplicated Edge Office by Tetsuya Matsumoto
- Sattva Residence
- Stories Container Interior Design – Hotel by Ken Lee
De Vinos Y Viandas Wine Shop by Zooco Studio