Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Whether we talk about the best candle gifts sets & baskets or the most basic candles, candles are one of the most beautiful things that were ever created by human beings. Not only can they weave an atmosphere of wonder and mystery in an otherwise dull surrounding, but these can also provide a sense of serene and tranquil, especially with their silently diffusing scents.
A quality fragrant candle is a desirable item for many that helps them to de-stress after a hectic day’s toil. And, these make for an immensely thoughtful gift for practically anybody!
So, if you’re a candle lover like us, check out our comprehensive guide on everything that you need to know about candle gift sets!
- Scented candle Fragrance. This scented candles gift set with...
- Aromatherapy candle Ingredient. These soy candles for home...
3 Things to Consider
One of the most important aspects of a candle is undoubtedly the scent it has to offer. Many are expensive and lose their smell pretty fast. This could be due to several reasons.
Certain candle manufacturers often scent only the wick of the candles or the top part of it that causes the scent to vaporize away at a much higher rate than others. Some also use poor quality wax that fails to hold the fragrance for long.
Although many would say they can offer heavily scented candles, it won’t necessarily mean you would end up with long durations of a soothing, fragrant glow. Here’s why: there is a saturation point to all candle waxes, which allows only a limited amount of fragrance oil to be added.
Also, an oversaturated candle can cause a lot of different problems, such as depositing a layer of oil floating at the top of the candle. This doesn’t make for a pretty sight and can be quite hazardous since the oil is flammable. This may also cause the candle to smoke profusely or burn unevenly when lit.
Many candles that we purchase usually consist of a “top up” pour which is a second layer of wax poured over an initial one for getting a smooth finish. This is usually done when the initial layer of wax shrinks or creates holes after setting necessitating a second layer to be poured on top of it.
Now, a few brands use only scented wax for this second layer. This explains why it stops giving off the fragrance when this second layer of wax burns away.
Scents play one of the most vital roles in connecting us to different events by appealing to our memories of different people or places or occurrences. These also have a significant impact on the physical and mental health of a person. Good smells can you spirited all day long, whereas malodors can have a terrible impact on the general health of the family.
Scents are also a very individual and personal thing. While some may prefer summary and light scents such as those of citrus and fragrant herbs, some others may like stronger ones such as essential oils or sandalwood.
A candle’s “scent throw” means its ability to fill up a room with fragrance. The fact is that a large room will require a bigger candle in comparison to a smaller place that won’t really need anything apart from a standard-sized candle of good quality. This isn’t really that difficult to assess.
And, this is another important feature that people generally look for when they’re buying perfumed-candles.
Candles Gift Guide | Best Candle Gifts Sets
- Candles Gift Guide | Best Candle Gifts Sets
- 1. Yankee Candle Holiday Small Jar Trio Gift Set
- 2. Yankee Candle Linear Leaves Gift Set
- 3. NEST Fragrances Luxury Mini Votive Candle Set
- 4. Handmade Spa Bath Gift Set – All-in-One Kit, Bath Bomb, Soy Candle, Facial Sponge
- 5. Frasier Fir and Thyme Scented Jar Candle
- 6. Chesapeake Bay Candle Mind & Body Small Scented Candle Gift Set
- 7. Caitlins Home Scented Candles Aromatherapy Soy Wax Candle Gift Set
- 8. LA JOLIE MUSE Lavender Lilac&Jasmine Scented Candles
- 9. Anjou Scented Candle 4 Pack Gift Set
- Best Candle Baskets Sets
- The Best Christmas Candles
- 14. Holiday Collection Scented Jar Candle Set
- 15. Christmas Gift Set Red Apple Jar by Yankee Candle
- 16. Christmas Reindeer Flight Gift Set by Yankee Candle Company
- 17. Village Candle Christmas Tree – Glass Jar Scented Candle
- 18. Yankee Candle Cozy by The Fire Polka Dot Tote Christmas Gift Set
- 19. Snowman Tumbler Christmas Gift Set by Yankee Candle
- Candles Care Guide
- Prevent those memory rings
- Using a lid for ensures a clean burn
- Use a Wick Trimmer Every 4 Hours
- How to maintain your favorite Candle ?
- Use a wick trimmer for a perfect trim
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a stretch
- Follow the half-inch rule
- Safety First
- How to store your candles properly?
- Related Articles
- Contains three 3.7oz small jar candles
- Sparkling cinnamon: just a hint of clove added to the spicy...
This beautiful gift set of fragrant candles is all you need to rewind after a long and grueling day at work.
This holiday set contains three small jar candles perfumed with three brilliantly delectable fragrances, namely: Sparkling Cinnamon [with a hint of clove added to the warmth of cinnamon], Sugared Apple [with notes of sugar and vanilla sprinkles], and Balsam & cedar [a blend of aromatic cedar wood, balsam and juniper berries].
The candles have a lasting fragrance that lingers even after you’ve blown them out. It makes for adorable gift sets.
- Stenciled leaf tumbler holder in warm bronze pairs nicely...
- Includes one Autumn Wreath 7oz. Tumbler and one Linear...
This a stunning candle gift set from Yankee in which the candle comes in a beautiful bronze-colored stenciled leaf tumbler holder.
The “Autumn Wreath” fragrance ushers in a warm and cheerful fall fragrance that reminds you of blazing autumn leaves and cinnamon apples! The wicks are 100% cotton with no lead content.
However, the fragrance can be a tad bit too mild even for a light fragrance with not so much of a scent-throw.
- Updated luxury candle votive set includes six NEST...
- Fragrances include: grapefruit, bamboo, moroccan amber,...
This mini votive candle set of 6 from NEST offers a range of lush fragrances for a luxurious experience.
These candles contain a potent and range of strong and exotic fragrances such as grapefruit, Moroccan amber, bamboo, cedar leaf & lavender, Ocean Mist & sea salt and Sicilian tangerine.
Each votive candle has 3-4 hours of burning time, a great scent throw and is made of highly refined cosmetic grade wax.
The Bougie Bath Set offers you a complete spa bath kit containing everything from hand-poured soy candles and amazing bath bombs to 100% natural cellulose facial sponges for a luxurious bathing experience.
The soy candles contain a variety of essential oils such as eucalyptus, patchouli, peppermint, sea salt, jasmine, lavender and even exotic notes of sweet cream, vanilla, and sandalwood. These calm your body and mind while the bath bomb experience rejuvenates your senses.
This candle in a lidded jar brings in the refreshing smell of the Frasier fir combined with a warm note of thyme.
It is made using non-toxic, and water-soluble soy wax put together with lead-free, cotton-coated wicks. This ensures a clean burning and no soot generation.
The scent-throw of the candle is significantly high with a good amount of fragrance oil mixed in the formulation.
- Comes with (4) votive candles, approximate burn time of 40...
- Clean, minimalistic aesthetics in a serene palette of soft...
The Chesapeake Bay votive candles offer a cleansing and rejuvenating experience for the mind and body. These come in soft pastel-colored matted jars in fragrance combinations like Balance+Harmony, Peace+Tranquility, Reflection+Clarity and Joy+Laughter
The tropical fragrances in these candles contain infusions of rose, dahlia, lily, jasmine plum nectar, cranberry, peach, cyclamen, and sea salt.
These have an approximate burn time of 40 hours and are ideal for every home setting.
- OUR 3 MOST POPULAR SCENTS - Pure White Lavender to Promote...
- NATURAL RENEWABLE SOY WAX is Environmentally Friendly and...
The scented soy candles from Catlin’s Home provides all the curative properties of aromatherapy for calming the mind and relaxing the body. It comes in three perfumes:
Pure White Lavender for sleep and overall well-being,
Vanilla to soothe, warm and relax, and Fresh Cut Roses for keeping you spirited all day long.
The brand uses only premium fragrance oils that efficiently drive all malodors away, keeping the house smelling fresh and its residents happy.
- LAVENDER EUCALYPTUS - Infused with top notes of mandarin,...
- NIGHT JASMINE - Infused with top notes of coriander,...
The scented candles from La Jolie Muse are infused with top notes of lavender, lilac, bergamot, chamomile; middle notes containing lily of the valley, jasmine, and ylang-ylang and base notes of musk, vetiver, and cedar.
These pure soy candles come in two luxurious fragrances: Lavender Lilac and Night Jasmine that ignite your senses and soothes the body.
The scent throw is good with subtle perfumes and a burning time of approximately 50 hours.
No products found.
This gift set of 4 scented candles from Anjou is made using soy wax. The cotton wick in them produces no black smoke or soot. Perfect for lighting in any room of the house, these candles produce fresh lingering smells in four kinds of scents namely, Pear & Freesia, Blackberry & Bay, Orange & Peppermint and Childhood Memories.
However, we notice that although the burning time is high, the scents could be short-lived.
Best Candle Baskets Sets
No products found.
Perfect for any occasion and for all your dear ones, this gift basket from Gifted Crates combines tasty treats with amazing goodies that make it a splendid surprise!
It includes one pair of crew length woven socks for women, a 3.5 oz bag of Cocomel Original Caramels, Pack of 10 Bee Local Honey Sticks and Dancing Wick Sandalwood + Vanilla soy candle.
And do not forget to leave a message for your loved one on the message card in the hamper that lets you personalize it according to your preference!
No products found.
Indulge in a sensual and luxurious spa experience with this Lavender Delight Spa Gift Set by Gift Basket Gallery. It is a complete spa set containing Lavender body cream, shower gel, bath sponge, bath salts, bath soap, hand cream, a refrigerator magnet, and Ghirardelli dark chocolate and caramel square. Yum!
- Our Spa Therapy Relaxation Gift Hamper is infused with...
- A gift that surrounds the body in an intoxicating essence...
The complete spa therapy gift hamper by Organic Stores indulges the goodness of glamorous and sensual fragrances with a robust infusion of Vanilla. The gift set includes everything from invigorating shower gels, relaxing sugar body scrubs and moisturizing body butters to bathing loofahs, wooden foot massager and assorted toffee chocolates.
The hamper also includes soothing aromatherapy candles, body lotions, and mists, diffuser reeds sticks and potpourri.
No products found.
The Total Spa Day Gift Basket brings a fabulous collection of luxurious spa products infused with an aromatic blend of summery blooms and perfumes for the rejuvenation of the body and mind.
The basket includes refreshing eye gel masks and energizing bath salts complete with lush pedicure sets, 3” glass poured candles and Sweet Bloom perfume bath products.
But the part that makes this gift basket just perfect is its delicious assortment of Cashew Roca toffee chocolates, and Ghirardelli raspberry filled dark chocolate bar!
The Best Christmas Candles
This beautiful set of 3 holiday scented candles usher in the spirit of holidays in your home. It comes in fragrances like Hearthside [a warm and spicy blend of wood and musk], Spiced Apple Cinnamon [a mix of apples with fresh ground cinnamon sticks] and Winter Spruce [a Christmassy fragrance with just a hint of freshly cut spruce].
These are made using paraffin and soy wax and have a burn time of approximately 115 hours.
15. Christmas Gift Set Red Apple Jar by Yankee Candle
- Christmas Gift Set RED APPLE WREATH SMALL JAR AND SHADE
This Yankee Christmas candle gift set includes a cute little candle jar and shade with frosted wreath patterns. It resembles a tiny lamp when lit and fills up the room with a delicious Red Apple fragrance bringing in a spirit of celebration and joy.
The scent is sweet and fresh without being too overpowering. However, the scent-throw and product amount are average.
16. Christmas Reindeer Flight Gift Set by Yankee Candle Company
- Includes one Reindeer Flight Votive Candle Holder and three...
- A happy holiday homecoming with the festive aroma of sweet...
This candle gift set by the Yankee Candle Company includes 3 Red Apple Wreath Samplers Votive Candles and a box of 12 Red Apple Wreath Tea Light Candles.
It offers cheerful holiday fragrances of sweet apples, cinnamon, walnuts, and maple.
These scents are quite mild yet lingering, and the set makes a cute and unique gift for anybody to have.
- Fragrance notes of juniper, balsam fir, cedar, musk
- Pure, rich, green vibrantly colored food grade paraffin wax...
The Village Candle Christmas Tree comes with notes of balsam, fir, musk, and juniper that transport the senses back to your favorite Christmas memories.
The candles are made of food grade paraffin wax with high quality scented oils. It has a rich, vibrant green color to it like that makes it look like a miniature Christmas tree!
Village Candle uses a double wick technology that ensures a consistent fragrance release and high burning rate.
The Cozy By The Fire gift set by Yankee Candle comes in a lovely polka dot tote which contains beautiful red candles by the company. It includes four medium-sized candles, a matching candle holder and a large glass lidded jar containing a red candle of the same size. These have a sweet festive fragrance and a high burn time.
- Includes one 7oz. Winter Wonderment Tumbler Candle Holder...
- Balsam, aromatic cedar wood, and juniper berry blend...
This is one of the candles from the Yankee Candle brand that’s beautifully perfumed with all the true scents of wintery festivity and enchanting forest mists. It contains a blend of aromatic cedar wood, juniper berry, and balsam that fills up the entire room with its fragrance and subtle glow.
The set contains one Balsam & Candle with a pretty Winter Wonderment stenciled snowman tumbler candle holder.
Candles Care Guide
We hope you enjoyed our extensive list of some of the best candles out there.
And to make it all the more worthwhile, we have included some basic candle care tips for you that will ensure better performance and a long shelf life for your favorite candles. Check it out!
Prevent those memory rings
Since the first burn is the most essential for every candle, do ensure it burns for at least one full hour for 1 inch in diameter of its size. Hence, a large-sized Housewarmer Jar should burn at least for 4 hours to get its topmost layer entirely liquefied.
A “memory ring” forms when the wax isn’t allowed to entirely melt from edge to edge of the jar or tumbler, especially when it’s lit for the first time. Once a memory ring is formed, it will make the candle burn into a tunnel and continue that way for the rest of its life.
Using a lid for ensures a clean burn
One of the most efficient way to prevent tunneling in a candle and achieve a clean and even burn is to use the Illuma-Lid that ensures every inch of the wax is utilized. The Illuma-Lid fits on top of any medium or large-sized Housewarmer jarmedium or large-sized Housewarmer jar and helps to get an even burn by steadying the flame so that the wax pool forms evenly on all sides.
It is designed to keep the heat of the flame within the jar rather than letting it escape.
Not only does this ensure an even wax melting and a clean burn, it also prevents excessive soot formation. This also allows a wonderful distribution of the candle’s fragrance throughout the house.
Use a Wick Trimmer Every 4 Hours
We duly recommend for you to trim the wick every 4 hours of burn time. Extinguish the flame before trimming the wick and let the candle acquire the room temperature. Thereafter, trim the wick to around ⅛ inches before relighting, absolutely any wick trimmer would do the job.
How to maintain your favorite Candle ?
- Find your favorite candle !
- Keep the wick trimmed to ⅛ inches at all times.
- Let the candle burn for it required amount of time to let the wax pool evenly.
- Always burn the candle safely on a heat-resistant surface; do not leave it unattended while lit and keep it out of drafts.
- Stop using the candle when only ½ inches of the wax remains.
Wick trimmersWick trimmers make your candle wick trimming job easier by ensuring a clean cut that helps you maintain the wick and provides a consistent burn.
Here’s how to use on correctly:
- Place the base of the wick trimmer flush with the surface of the candle.
- Now tip the trimmer backward so that its “elbow” rests on the surface of the candle.
- Make sure that the trimmer is at a 45 degrees angle to get the proper wick length; this prevents the wick from being cut too short, causing the candle to burn improperly.
- Now bring the two handles together to trim the wick and discard the excess part of the wick before lighting.
Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a stretch
We duly suggest that you do not burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time and let it cool for 2 hours after each burning session. Also, do not forget to trim the wick every time before you light it.
Follow the half-inch rule
Always discontinue use of a candle when there’s only ½ an inch of wax left at the bottom of the jar. This prevents any potential heat damage to the counter or surface or even the container itself.
When the flame gets too near the base, and most of the wax has been consumed, the glass bottom of the jar can get too hot and crack.
This is why Yankee Candle doesn’t endorse the use of “candle warmers” or other such heating surfaces.
- Never leave a candle unattended while it’s burning.
- Make sure a lit candle is out of reach of children and pets.
- Remember always to keep a burning candle away from drafts, incandescent substances like sprays, paints, and cosmetics or other highly combustible objects and heat sources.
How to store your candles properly?
Since candle wax and the fragrance oils used in them are highly flammable and light sensitive substances, one should always be careful about storing it properly, especially if it’s for an extended period of time.
- Always store candles in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight or intense light. Storing candles in a dark place such as a lidded box or cupboard will protect them from fading and discoloration.
- Since extremely hot or cold temperatures can damage candle wax, it is best to store them at 50 degrees Fahrenheit to 85 degrees Fahrenheit of temperature.
- Do not leave candles out for a longer duration, particularly on hot days as they can melt or fade.
- Exposure to extremely cold temperatures can cause candles to crack or separate. Do follow temperature guidelines given on the package.
- If the candles have been exposed to extreme cold for long, let them sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before burning to minimize any potential damage.
We hope you liked our Candles Gift Guide as much as we had fun putting all of this beautiful things together for you! And we sincerely wish wonderful moments of festivity and precious gifting for you are and your family.
Till next time!