Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
Motorcyclist owners know that owning these beautiful vehicles entails tremendous responsibility. You have to take good care of your motorcycle, keep it well-oiled and make sure it is properly maintained as well. One of the most important aspects of keeping your motorcycle in the best possible condition for a long time is not about how you use it but how you store it. If you are in search of the best motorcycle storage shed for your bike, you might want to continue reading what we have in store for you.
Now, there are plenty of storage sheds that you can find out there in the market. The thing is, all of them will claim to be the “best in the market” or “better than the competitors”. For most of the mediocre manufacturers out there, these empty claims work when they are dealing with motorcycle owners who do not know any better.
For those of you who are looking for the best motorcycle storage shed to properly park your beloved bikes, we have conducted extensive research and reviewed the top 10 motorcycle storage sheds of 2020.
And for the people who do not understand the importance of getting a good quality storage shed for parking their motorcycle, let’s take a look at some of the reasons that will help you understand how important it is to own one.
Why You Need to Have a Motorcycle Storage Shed
There are so many reasons why it is a good idea to use a proper storage shed for parking your motorcycle. Perhaps, the most obvious one is that you need to protect your bike from thieves. A basic cover for your motorcycle does not do anything to prevent thieves and vandals from having a go at it.
But a locked shed can protect your motorbike from vandalism and stealing. Even if anyone tries to steal or damage your motorcycle in the shed, it will take them a lot of time and effort to do so. Of course, a motorbike shed can protect your bike from more than just vandals or thieves.
The weather can take its toll on your motorbike. Just like any other mechanical machine, your motorcycle is also prone to the effects of the weather conditions and environment. The best motorcycle storage shed will not just protect your bike from would-be criminals, but also offer protection from harsh weather conditions.
Rapid or extreme temperature changes, humidity and other factors can seriously damage the paint and internal mechanical parts of your motorcycle, if it is left exposed to these elements. A good quality storage shed can protect your bike from these harmful elements. As a result, the costs of maintaining the vehicle and repairs due to damage can significantly reduce.
Storing a Bike in the Garage is More Troublesome than Helpful
We can tell you from personal experience that keeping a motorcycle in a garage rather than in a dedicated storage shed can lead to more issues than convenience. First off, you will have to find a way to park the bike without blocking your cars and that can be painfully time-consuming.
Even if you do manage to fit the bike in the garage along with the cars, you will not have a lot of space to move around so taking it out will probably see you dinging it against something. Now imagine trying to take care of its regular maintenance work in such a tight space.
Best Motorcycle Storage Shed Reviews
- Best Motorcycle Storage Shed Reviews
- 1. Suncast BMS6810D – The Best Fiber Glass Option for Motorcycle Storage Sheds
- 2. Speed-Way MTS Grey – Most Popular Portable Storage Sheds for Motorcycles
- 3. The Bike Shield TBS001 – An Extra Secure Motorcycle Storage Shed
- 4. The Bike Capsule BB8F – A Unique and Aesthetically Pleasing Motorcycle Storage Shed
- 5. Lifetime 60001 – A Motorcycle Shed to Last A Lifetime
- 6. Keter Factor 8×11 – The Best Solid Resin Motorcycle Storage Shed
- 7. ShelterLogic Shed-in-a-Box – The Most Convenient and Portable Motorcycle Shed
- 8. Lifetime 6446 – A Motorcycle Shed to Last Even Longer
- 9. Arrow Yard Saver – The Most Secure Motorcycle Storage Shed Out There
- 10. Quictent Tourer Portable Garage – Secure Motorcycle Storage Shed On The Move
- Different Types of Motorcycle Storage Solutions
- Motorcycle Storage Things to Consider
Now that we understand why motorcycle storage sheds are a good option to use as a parking space for your motorcycle and the different types of motorcycle sheds, we are going to take a look at some of the best motorcycle storage sheds from 2020.
One of the first on the list of the best motorcycle storage sheds you can get in 2020 is the Suncast BMS6810D. It is one of the plastic options that you can consider for your motorcycle. Made using double wall resin, you can rest assured that the construction is durable. It is light but can hold up extremely well against storms and other elements.
- OUTDOOR STORAGE: Shed for storing long handled tools,...
- DURABLE: Multi-wall panels are engineered for strength and...
- REINFORCED FLOOR: Sturdy floor to support a tractor or...
- SKYLIGHT: Series of skylights provides natural light inside
The good thing about the Suncast is that the resin is not susceptible to damage like wooden sheds. You won’t have to worry about the shed rotting away and it holds itself up against the toughest of weather conditions very well.
This is a very popular option for a solid reason. There is no issue of leakage with Suncast unlike a lot of other plastic construction units. In fact, the main reason why most people choose to over go the plastic options in motorcycle storage sheds is that they do not provide a complete seal against the environmental elements.
This is a pretty low-maintenance shed as well. It includes a strong material, which is used to reinforce the double walls of resin and the rood. The handles have their own locks extending from the ground to the ceiling of the storage shed and it even allows space to install a strong padlock to restrict access to only those who have a key.
Easy to assemble, you can set it up by yourself. You just have to make sure that you are setting it up on a level surface. As far as space is concerned, you’re going to enjoy plenty of storage space to move around due to the 306 cubic feet it offers.
With the most popular motorcycle storage sheds out of the way, let’s take a look at the most popular among the portable units and why each one is on the list of the best motorcycle storage sheds. The Speed-Way MTS in grey is a polyester covering, which is coated with polyurethane. This can be considered to be a temporary option. The weatherproofing is pretty substantial initially but over the course of time, excess sun damage can cause it to deteriorate.
- Provides full-coverage protection from sun rain snow dust...
- Built-in locking hardware allows the Speed-Way shelter to be...
- Allows you to park and cover your bike with hot pipes;...
- Very fast assembly - less than 30 minutes
Speed-Way is on the list for a reason. The manufacturer has done a good job with the construction design and they have used high quality polyurethane. There is also a locking mechanism, which allows you to anchor it to the ground and give it added security. Of course, you have to keep in mind that the polyester itself is not knife-proof but the steel frame will not let any would-be thieves get away with the bike because it will not fit through the frame.
Additionally, you can even lock the bike on to the base to give it even more security. Speed-Way can accommodate a sizable amount of bikes and you can set it up easily wherever you are. It takes less than half an hour to set up and it holds up quite well as a storage unit when you are on the move.
One of the best motorcycle storage sheds in 2020 that we have seen is the Bike Shield TBS001. The bike shield does literally what its name suggests: it shields your bike. The motorcycle storage unit comes with a year-long warranty and offers your bike protection for a lot longer than the warranty period suggests.
- The Bike Shield has to be secured to the ground. NEW EASY...
- 1 year warranty. 16 square pipes, cross plate and locking...
- 100% waterproof, very heavy polyurethane coating on inside...
- For dehumidification of inside of the bike shield,...
There is a galvanized steel frame, which provides the durable cover that is also coated with polyurethane. The construction material of the Bike Shield TBS001 does not just protect your bike from strong winds and the rainy weather, but it also blocks UV light to provide protection from sun damage. You can rest assured that the mechanical parts, the paint and all that precious chrome finish will remain undamaged under one of these sheds.
There is proper ventilation in the Bike Shield, which means there’s no issue of ventilation. It needs a couple of people to set it up but the Bike Shield is easy to assemble. You can even lock the frame using a padlock if you need it.
An interesting entry on the list of the 10 best motorcycle storage sheds is the CarCapsule Bike Capsule BB8F. This is an inflatable bubble, which is made of PVS that is synthetic plastic polymer. The frame of the motorcycle storage unit is sturdier than the rest of the body. Made from a flame-retardant material, it is also capable of resisting mechanical tears, which might be a problem, especially if you are taking care of the maintenance work of the motorcycle within the storage unit.
- It's easy to order the correct size Simply measure your car...
- The bubble is made from durable 10 millimeter double...
- The basemat is made from 18 millimeter PVC that is mildew,...
- Heavy-duty 100% nylon coil zipper to prevent scratching
You will not have to worry about blowing it up manually. Bike Capsule uses a high pressure fan for inflation, which prevents condensation. It takes less than a minute to inflate and the fan does not even require a lot of energy so you will not have to worry about your utility bills rising because of this motorcycle storage shed.
There is one distinct disadvantage of Bike Capsule: it does not offer you any option to lock it and that means anybody can get access to the bike if it is parked outside. You are better off using the capsule within a closed space.
The Lifetime Double Door Shed is considered to be one of the very best motorcycle storage sheds in the market. Made from high quality polymer plastics and steel reinforced walls and roof, it is no surprise to see why. The walls are resistant to dents, the windows are shatter-proof and they can also remain open for insulation. Both the windows and the door of the Lifetime Double Door Shed have proper locking mechanisms so that you can provide your motorcycle the protection it needs against thieves. The skylight on the Lifetime Double Door Shed is made using a high quality polycarbonate material, which is resistant to heavy impacts so you do not need to worry about anybody coming in from above to get access to your bike.
- Two sets of double doors for dual entry
- Interior Dimensions 114 in. L x 89 in. W x 71 - 95 in. H
- Customizable Shelving and Storage System
- Heavy-Duty Steel Trusses Provide Additional Roof Strength
This is one of the best motorcycle storage sheds in the market right now because it doesn’t just offer excellent security against thieves but also against the weather and even pests. The screened vents allow air circulation and prevent the buildup of condensation while keeping critters out of the shed.
This is also a low-maintenance storage shed, which can resist fading and provide your vehicle protection against the harmful UV rays. It also features customization kits, which include expansions and shelves that are sold separately. You can get them to make it more than a regular motorcycle storage shed.
The Keter Factor 8×11 is another entry on the list of the best motorcycle storage sheds in the market and there are many reasons why. It is made from a solid resin material for the walls, which are given further strength by reinforced steel. This unit is almost entirely maintenance-free and you can rest assured that your bike will not be bothered by direct sunlight when it is stored under one of these sheds!
- External dimensions: 101 in. W x 130.5 in. D x 95.5 in. H
- Internal dimensions: 93.11 in. W x 122.64 in. D x 93.9 in. H
- Storage capacity: 550 cu. ft.
- Stylish wood-like texture in neutral colors to complement...
The shed comes in different colors that are the shade of wood which gives it a great look. It has a single window, which you cannot open and a skylight that allows natural light to flood in and brighten it up from the inside. The lack of windows doesn’t mean it has no ventilation. There is a proper ventilation system due to air vents, which promotes healthy air circulation within the Keter Factor Shed.
The security is decent since the walls are made from solid resin reinforced with steel. There is just one entry point: the door. You can easily install a padlock on it to restrict storage access to only those who have the keys. The shed does not come with a locking mechanism of its own so it is a good idea to purchase a good quality padlock with it.
The only problem you can face with this shed is that the roof can blow off in the event of a strong thunderstorm and hurricane. You can actually avoid this problem easily if you put in a little extra effort while setting it up by securing the roof with ropes. By doing something so minor, you can make it capable of resisting hurricane-level winds.
The ShelterLogic Shed-in-a-Box is less of a motorcycle storage shed and more of a tent. The reason why it is on the list of the top 10 best motorcycle storage sheds is that it is a capable storage unit. The ShelterLogic Shed-in-a-Box uses a strong polyurethane material for construction, which is sealed with heat. The fact that there is absolutely no use of stitches to assemble it and put it all together makes it a lot better as a storage unit. There is no problem with waterproofing and you can be assured of excellent UV protection with the ShelterLogic Shed-in-a-Box.
- Durable Frame: Made from an all-steel metal 6 x 6 x 6-foot...
- Made to Last: Bonded with a premium powder-coated finish...
- Waterproof Coverage: Grey cover is durable and made from an...
- Ratchet-Tate: Cover tensioning system ensures a drum tight...
Of course, as good as it is, the ShelterLogic Shed-in-a-Box is still made using a polyurethane material, which encases a steel frame. There does come a time that the polyurethane breaks down from high exposure to UV lights and it will last you a year before the material starts to breakdown.
The steel frame itself is durable but the ShelterLogic Shed-in-a-Box does not come with a bottom. This means that the material for the rest of the body will need some additional help to anchor it down in high winds. Assembling the tent can also give you a bit of a headache since the instructions are a bit hard to understand.
Generally speaking, it can take two people a bit of time and effort to put it together but you cannot put it up alone. There is no way to lock the tent so that means anybody can access your motorcycle. The only way this acts as a deterrent from thieves is that they do not see it because of the polyurethane cover. A more curious thief will definitely be able to take a peek inside to see what is in the tent.
One of our favorites and perhaps the largest among the best motorcycle storage sheds that we have discussed so far, the Lifetime Storage Shed Kit is a pretty decent investment for any motorcycle owner. This is also made using resin material construction with metal reinforcement for extra strength and durability. It also features six different skylights that allow the maximum amount of light to flood into the motorcycle storage shed.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Interior Dimensions- 90" W x 174" D x 70-94" H
- Features- 6 small skylights, 2 shatterproof polycarbonate...
- Low maintenance; constructed of dual wall UV protected High...
The skylights and the two windows in this motorcycle storage shed are made using high impact resistant polycarbonate material so you will not need to worry about any break-ins. There are vents built into the shed, which are great but the large size makes the ventilation system useless in the hot summer months.
The polycarbonate windows and skylights combine with the windows to provide an ample amount of UV protection for your motorcycle. The Lifetime Storage Shed Kit is much more than a simple storage shed for your motorcycle.
It also features four different shelves in the corners so you also get a lot of space to store items away from UV radiation. The entire shed is practically maintenance-free.
The steel reinforced walls and rood add a lot of much-needed protection and security to the Lifetime Storage Shed. There is a place for padlocks on the door and its own locking mechanism for enhancing the overall security. This is one of the best motorcycle storage sheds because it will not just protect your bike from thieves but also from the forces of nature.
If high-level security is your main concern, nothing gets better than the Arrow Yard Saver. This is by far the best motorcycle storage shed that we have discussed and the only one so far made with full metal. Metal-based sheds worry motorcycle owners because of rust and corrosion but that is never going to be a problem with the Arrow Yard Saver. The construction is done using fully electro-galvanized steel that is resistant to weather.
- Easy Assembly: Comes ready to assemble with pre-cut and...
- Sturdy and Reliable: Constructed of electro-galvanized...
- Accessibility: Double swing doors provide easy entry and...
- Convenient Storage: With 38 sq. feet of capacity, the...
There is a sloped roof on the Arrow Yard Saver, which allows water and snow to just slide down the side without accumulating on top of it for extended periods of time. The steel shed also allows you to add a padlock for extra security to what is already a pretty secure motorcycle storage shed.
You do need to make a platform for the Arrow Yard Saver before you install it because it does not have a floor of its own. There is a floor kit from Arrow, which you can purchase separately but you have to buy it from one of their physical storage buildings.
In some cases, the drilled holes do not line up when assembling the unit and that is not a problem with design. This can easily happen because of the tiniest of mistakes in the steps leading up to that part.
Keep in mind that this is a very secure storage unit. That is the main reason why it is considered to be one of the best motorcycle storage sheds you can buy but setting this up will take a lot of time. In fact, you can expect a time of around 12 hours for two people to set this one up. Of course, once it has been set up, you will not have to worry about storing your motorcycle again because it will last you a lifetime.
The Quictent Tourer Portable Motorcycle Garage is the perfect solution for those who love to travel on their favorite vehicle whenever they get the opportunity. Many people take time off of their regular lives and ride across the country on their bikes. But that means they do not really have a permanent place to store their bikes.
- 【WATERPROOF COVER】 Using 100% waterproof 600D Oxford...
- 【VENTILATION WINDOW】 Mesh ventilation windows on two...
- 【SAVE YOUR MONEY】 Equiped with black TSA Code LOCK for...
- 【APPLICABLE MODELS】 Provides full-coverage protection...
This is where one of the best motorcycle storage sheds comes in. You can get a portable storage space for your motorcycle, which is unlike any of the other models we have discussed in the same category. The Quictent Tourer Portable Motorcycle Garage comes with a highly secure TSA code lock that provides ample security for your motorcycle so this is one of the few portable storage solutions that provide your motorcycle with ample security from thieves.
In addition, the Quictent Tourer Portable Motorcycle Garage also protects your vehicle from the sun, rain, snow and dust with efficiency. Unlike most other portable motorcycle storage units, this is made using a unique and high quality Oxford fabric, which is durable and waterproof.
The frame of the motorcycle storage shed is strong, made from heavy-duty steel, which has a powder coated matte black finish. The shed offers excellent ventilation because of the windows added on both sides that roll up. Since you already have a strong locking mechanism, window flaps that can open are not such a big security risk even when you are not around.
Different Types of Motorcycle Storage Solutions
Before we take a look at the reviews of the 10 best motorcycle storage sheds, let’s see the two different types of motorcycle storage options.
Yes, not all motorcycle storage solutions are made the same. Depending on the key factors, you can go for either a permanent storage shed or a portable one. These are the two main types of motorcycle storage spaces and each of them offers its own set of qualities that can help you make a decision, based on your requirements.
Designed to be portable, these motorcycle storage units are made from relatively flimsy material. They cover the motorcycle and offer the same protection that a waterproof cover can. The only thing is that they are not able to provide the same level of protection against extreme temperatures.
They are better than waterproof covers because they also conceal the bike. Everybody can easily tell what is inside a waterproof cover, but it isn’t easy to see through a portable motorcycle storage unit. The same is the case with a motorcycle storage tent.
Permanent sheds offer the most protection when it comes to protecting a bike from both bad weather and theft. These sheds provide more resistance against crime than portable units. They are also built with different materials. Each of the materials has its pros and cons.
For instance, wood is susceptible to damage from termites and it requires a significant amount of maintenance over a long time. Metal, on the other hand, is pretty expensive. Plastic is not as secure as the first two options.
Motorcycle Storage Things to Consider
There are so many different types of motorcycle storage sheds out there and each of them brings its own set of qualities to the table. Just like the different models and makings of motorcycle storage sheds, motorcycle owners also have their individual expectations and requirements when it comes to their storage needs. Let’s take a look at some of the things that you need to consider so you can decide exactly which one of these is the best motorcycle storage shed for your specific requirements.
One of the first questions you should ask yourself when considering a motorcycle storage shed is whether or not you will need space to work on the motorcycle. There is also the fact that there might be some neighborhoods that do not allow any sheds. You might also have to consider getting a contractor for some aspects of a few of these different motorcycle storage sheds.
You need to ask yourself these questions among many more because the answers to these questions will help you tally your own needs against the qualities of each of the different types of motorcycle storage options we have shared in this list of the best motorcycle storage sheds.
Now you can consider a sturdy outdoor unit for one. That kind of motorcycle storage shed might not be one that you can move around during your travels, but you can be sure of the fact that it will give your motorcycle some serious protection against the weather and thieves. During the rainy season, a weatherproof motorcycle storage shed will protect your motorcycle from all the rust causing moisture and corrosion even when it is not in use for extended periods of time.
Both the cold weather and blistering summer can have a significant impact on motorcycles. From cracked paint to burst pipes and damage to all the chrome finish – so much can go wrong due to exposure to extreme heat and extreme cold. A weatherproof motorcycle storage shed will be able to provide an adequate level of resistance against the effects of temperature difference.
Snow and Its Effects
For those of you who live in snow-affected climates, you know how salt is used to keep the snow at bay. Salt can drastically increase the risk of corrosion in your motorcycle because of metal’s vulnerability to reactive salts.
When you are looking for the best possible motorcycle storage shed to use, you will also need to consider the right size for your shed. Not all motorcycles are made the same. A Harley Davidson cruiser will not be able to fit inside a storage shed, which was designed keeping the size of a vintage Vespa in mind, right?
You need to decide on a storage solution that will not just be able to fit the motorcycle inside the shed, but also all the accessories and any possible room for moving around while you work on the bike.
There are quite a few other factors that you need to keep in mind before getting the best motorcycle storage shed for your needs.
- Make sure you have more than enough room on your property to build the size of storage shed for your motorcycle. Be very careful to keep the property lines in mind in case there is a bit of restriction in space.
- If you are planning to stay at the same place for a long period of time, you should consider the more permanent shed solutions for storing your motorcycle. If you intend to move or if you are not sure that you will stay at the current residence for a long period of time, it is a better idea to invest in a motorcycle shed that is semi-permanent or portable.
- If you are planning to build or assemble the motorcycle shed all by yourself, you should know that there is a certain level of skill and work you will have to put into it to make it possible. If the assembly seems to require more expertise and hard work than you are prepared to take on, it is always a good idea to hire the services of a qualified contractor who will do the job for you.
- If you are adamant on not availing the services of a contractor to set up or build the motorcycle storage space, you should seriously focus on utilizing an option that is built beforehand and requires a relatively simple effort for assembly.
- You need to be particular about the ventilation capabilities of the shed that you are considering. If you will be taking care of the maintenance and other aspects of the motorcycle by taking it outside the storage shed, you might not have to concern yourself with ventilation in regards to your comfort. But you still need to have enough ventilation to make sure that the air within the shed doesn’t accumulate excessive humidity for your motorcycle. Condensation buildup can cause rusting and accelerate the effects of weather-based damage.
- It is always recommended to have a workbench set up inside the shed if you are going for a permanent storage option. Some of the options in this list of the best motorcycle storage sheds give you more than enough room to install a workbench. Having a workbench within the motorcycle storage shed will be a big help for those who are really into taking care of their motorcycles themselves.
- Consider the insulation options based on the kind of storage option you are going for. You need to be very particular about the flooring and the wall insulation. The key is to keep the temperature, which your bike will be stored, as neutral as possible. The more insulation you use for the floor and the walls of the motorcycle storage shed, the better it will be to make it a better storage space for your motorcycle. If the motorcycle storage shed has little to no insulation from the ground below, it can be as ineffective as leaving your motorcycle out there in the open to face the elements.
- Consider all the possible permits, legal aspects, property lines before you begin the construction of your motorcycle storage shed. There is always the odd chance that your city does not allow the construction of storage sheds or it might have specifications that limit the dimensions or placement of the motorcycle storage shed. Whenever you are considering the construction of a motorcycle storage shed, you need to get in touch with the relevant authorities from the city and consult with them. You may be able to construct the motorcycle storage shed without their permission but if you construct without a permit, there are chances that you can face financial penalties or even a complete destruction of the motorcycle storage shed. This is not something you want to happen after spending so much time and money on it, do you?
All of these are the best motorcycle storage sheds that we have come across ourselves and reviewed thoroughly. We have reviewed several different types of motorcycle storage sheds because each of them has its own qualities, strengths and drawbacks, which may work well for some motorcycle owners but not so much for others.
With all the main qualities highlighted, you should choose the motorcycle storage shed that fits your requirements and will hopefully be one of the best investments you will ever make for your bike.