Today we take a break from the pompous designs, complicated architecture and difficult DIYs, to bring you a quick simple idea for a project. The best part about this DIY Ribbon Bookmark is that you most likely won’t even have to go out and get the materials necessary since all that you need you probably already have around the house. Without further ranting let us get into it and start with the materials.
– hair elastic
Now this DIY Ribbon Bookmarks project can be done in 2 ways: you can either use your hands or ( if you know how to use it and you have one ) a sewing machine. Ok so with that covered, lets get to the instructions:
– you will want to fold your ribbon end over the hair elastic
– after that stitch the ribbon end ( you might want to use a zig zag stitch since it provides more strength )
– now you will put the ribbon inside the book and the close it ( the book ) as a means to measure the ribbon. After that bring the ends of the ribbons to the front of your cover, you will want to leave about an inch of space left ( in order for the elastic to be able to reach the button ).
– after your measurement is done, cut the extra ribbon you will not need and melt it using a lighter. Melt just enough to keep it from fraying
– then just sew the button at the other end of the ribbon ( the one that doesn’t have the elastic )
And now you are just about done. We hope you have enjoyed this diy ribbon bookmarks project, and would like to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. Make sure you stay tuned if you want more cool, creative, simple diys.
Photo credits to:http://percolatingprojects.blogspot.ro/