When I think about a makeover, I instantly think at my kitchen. I could always need some extra storage room and I usually get tired very quickly of my cabinets. I always end up repainting them in different bright colors which really change up the atmosphere every time. The process of repainting the kitchen cabinets is quite laborious and requires a certain method in order to obtain that perfect end result – so I decided to try a cabinet painting company this time around, and had suprisingly pleasant results. Another change that can make a huge difference is redoing the floors. Wooden floors can be repainted and ceramic ones are very easy to change and refresh the room.
Most of us dread makeovers due to the mess created and the time invested, but the end results always cheer us up. It’s a matter of organization and planning things ahead, finding the right materials required and following every step right. If you find yourself out of creative ideas, today we have prepared a series of Before & After kitchen makeover projects to draw inspiration from, along with a few tips on how to properly repaint those kitchen cabinets.
How to Stain Oak Cabinetry
1. First thing first: sand every piece.Wipe the dust of your cabinets thoroughly. use regular disinfecting wipes.
2. Applying the stain with a foam brush or cloth. If the stain you buy has oil in it use mineral spirits for clean up.
3. Remove any excess with a soft cloth and follow the instructions from your brand of stain carefully. You don’t want to obtain a darker tone.
4. Repeat the stain process if you actually do want a darker tone. In the end you can add a coat of polyurethane to protect the finish.
This project costed around $75 dollars and the stain itself was about $40.You can find the full tutorial HERE.
Now lets get some inspiration!
1. This kitchen from Smitten Studio went from plain boring white to a combination of olive and white that exudes elegance
2. Abbey’s farmhouse kitchen from Aesthetic Outburst has a new redone shiny floor and the perfect green cabinets
3. A Beautiful Mess offers a bright yellow kitchen that expresses so much joy.There is a trend now with white cabinets on top and dark or bright colored cabinets on the bottom.
4. The transition from dark wood to bright is exceptional
6. Emily Henderson has gorgeous brass details we love
8. This example from Love Taza offers small changes with big impact
9. The MomTogDiaries has a great example of a vintage pastel kitchen makeover
10. This kitchen has such a modern vibe after renovation you would think it is an entirely different room
11. Dear Lillie de-cluttered and did a complete remodel of their kitchen
12. HomeStoriesFromAtoZ refreshed this dark kitchen with light bright colors
12. Two Twenty One chose a white design scheme for their kitchen
13.Faux paneled stone – huge transformation for any home
So, what do you think? Are these ideas and tutorials helpful? Are you in a need for a kitchen renovation? We would love to hear your feedback in the comment section below.