The rustic industrial design style is one direction that gathered many followers in the last couple of years due to its unique appeal and raw sensibility. Textures that lack color are becoming subjects of bold dark contrasts, mixing and matching different elements with an industrial edge on a modern contemporary design line whilst preserving things to a comfortable cozy relaxed stage that defines the style.The fascination for it is one that is understandable for me as an architect. There is something difficult to describe about the sensation such a space creates and generates around you. It is a space filled with creativity and uniqueness, a space where rules do not exist but a constant balance between elements that leads to a particular design. We do not have a recipe for How To Create A Rustic Industrial Design Line In Your Home, but some constants easy recognizable in this direction which we find easy to follow and definitive for the creation of such a space. Cast a glance at the ideas showcased below and leave your valuable feedback in the comment section at the end of the article.
1.Find inspiration and decide on the MAGNITUDE of the designed space
2. Choose pieces with a ANTIQUE industrial look and turn them elegant
3. mix and match materials with a raw natural appeal-steEl, LEATHER, ceramics
4. find old pieces of furniture and recondition them
5. be creative and recycle everything-here an old wooden chest has been transformed into a cozy reading space
6. wire and metal are the key elements
7. apparent materials such as a brick wall represent the foundation of an industrial design
8. mix and match objects with different textures and uses- an old wooden wheel cart, mason jars and green glass bottles, a contemporary painting
9. create one of a kind pieces of furniture
10. dark tones ILLUMINATED properly add elegance to any decor
11. recycle and use big pieces of old wood
12. try and create a general theme to your decor
13. create industrial lighting fixtures
Would you choose the rustic industrial style for your home or do you find it a little bit too bold for your taste? We would love to hear your ideas in the comment section below.