Disclaimer | This article may contain affiliate links, this means that at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission for qualifying purchases.
It is one thing to buy a leather product and it’s an entirely different thing to use it while maintaining its sheen and keeping it from damages. The latter is definitely more challenging and costly. Through the course of use, different leather items require some fixing and patchwork to remain in shape.
In such scenarios, you have two options: either go to a leather shop and get it fixed by paying a handsome amount of money or bring some basic leather repair materials and do it yourself. Going DIY will certainly cut down overhead costs of using any skin product.
Glues are at the center of any leather patchwork. By getting a quality glue and with a bit of experience you can actually maintain your prized leather belongings on your own. Having said that, picking a high-quality leather glue product from hundreds of options can feel like finding a needle in a haystack.
For that matter, we have compiled a list of 10 of the best leather glue products available in the market right now.
Best Leather Glue
- Best Leather Glue
- Fiebing’s Eco-Flo – Glue for Both Commercial and Non-Commercial Use
- Krazy Super Glue – The Best Anti-Clog Leather Glue
- Gorilla Super Glue Gel – Best Leather Glue for Vertical Application
- Tear Mender Instant Fabric and Leather Adhesive – Best Waterproof Leather Glue
- Loctite Liquid Professional Super Glue – Professional-Grade Leather Glue
- Barge All-Purpose Cement Quart – A Leather Glue for Extensive Use
- Beacon Adhesives Multi-Purpose Glue – A Leather Glue with Clean Finish
- E6000 237032 Craft Adhesive – A Leather Glue for Extensive Artwork
- Aleene’s Leather & Suede Glue – The Best Leather Glue for Footwear
- Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive Tube – The Best Leather Glue Tube
Fiebing’s Leather Glue is a highly cohesive mixture that offers long-lasting bonding for leather and many other materials. The manufacturers claim that it is equally good for both commercial and residential users and we concur.
- Easy to use, quick drying cement for leather as well as...
- Super high strength bonding, yet safe and non-flammable
- Water-based adhesive
Fiebing’s Leather Glue is a water-based and non-inflammable formula. These characteristics make its use easy and safe. Moreover, it’s not expensive either. It comes in a 118 ml nozzle bottle so you can directly apply the glue where it is required.
Krazy Super Glue has ended up in our list because of its mini anti-clog bottle packaging and brush applicator. This anti-clog characteristic makes sure that the solution remains consistent and free of lumps. Moreover, the tiny brush helps in the hassle-free and precise application of the glue.
- Insanely versatile home and office formula is perfect for...
- Instant, crazy strong bond on metal, plastic, vinyl, wood,...
- Brush applicator delivers excellent coverage and easy...
- No-clog bottle keeps the brush fresh and stops the bristles...
The streamlined packaging of Krazy Super Glue makes it an ideal adhesive option when you have to deal with delicate patchwork. If you are looking for an adhesive product for leather crafting, then Krazy Super Glue should be your pick.
Gorilla Super Glue Gel is another adhesive that comes in small packaging for more precise use. It is also fitted with an anti-clog cap to ensure extended reusability. One of the most striking features of Gorilla Glue is that its viscosity is set in a way where you can use it on vertical surfaces without worrying about running down solution.
- No run control gel formula; great for use on vertical...
- Anti clog cap: keeps glue from drying out, its Gorilla tough...
- Impact tough: unique rubber particles increase impact...
- Fast-setting: dries in 10-30 seconds, no clamping required
Apart from leather, you can use it on wood, fabric, vinyl, rubber, ceramic and plastic surfaces as well. Moreover, no usual clamping is required after the application of Gorilla Super Glue Gel. Apply the gel and wait for 10-45 seconds (depending on the material) and you will get an impact-resistant adhesion.
Gorilla Super Glue Gel is also an Amazon’s Choice product and enjoys 4.3 out of 5-star rating on the platform!
If you are looking for an adhesive solution for washable leather items, then Tear Mender Adhesive is an ideal option. This latex-based glue is equally good for fabric and leather patchwork in both commercial and non-commercial settings.
- Latex-based adhesive for repairing fabric and leather
- Adhesive dries and forms and instant bond that is flexible...
- Bonds are waterproof, UV resistant, non-flammable, non-toxic...
- Does not require the use of an iron, heat, or solvents to...
Tear Mender provides waterproof bonding, which means dry cleaning doesn’t make any difference to the adhesion. Moreover, it has an auto set-in formula i.e. you don’t need to iron or heat the surface to activate the adhesive.
Loctite Liquid Super Glue is just a bottle of 0.7 ounces of solution. However, it’s one of the professional-grade leather glue on our list. The bottle has a pin-point nozzle fitted with an anti-clog cap. The nozzle ensures easy and precise use on close-fitting surfaces and anti-clog cap make sure you can use it repeatedly.
- Loctite, 20 gram, liquid professional super glue, superior...
- Adds Extra shine to your product
- Manufactured in China
- Super strength formula for repairing figurines, costume...
Loctite is also considered an ideal adhesive for professional use because it quickly sets in and gives a transparent appearance after getting dry. Besides leather, users have highly rated it for jewelry and figurines repairs.
As the product title suggests, it is an all-purpose glue. Moreover, the volume of approximately 1 liter indicates that it is designed for extensive patchwork. Apart from leather, it is equally good to apply for adhesion on all sorts of other surfaces.
- Barge All Purpose Cement is a professional strength glue...
- Ideal for patching rubber boots, resole leather shoes,...
- ONE QUART, 32 oz. can comes with an applicator brush...
Whether it’s wood, vinyl, ceramic, or rubber, the Barge Quart will always come in handy as an adhesive. The manufacturer has added a brush applicator to the lid of the quart to ensure easy and effective use. If you have to cover a lot of adhesive work and searching for quality glue, then there is no need to look beyond Barge All Purpose Cement Quart.
Beacon Adhesive Glue is another solution that comes in a small bottle with a precision tip for direct application. Beacon Adhesive Glue produces a waterproof adhesion bond that is also UV-resistant. These bonding characteristics ensure that the adhesion doesn’t turn brittle over time.
- A versatile, multi-use glue that is great for both indoor...
- Quickly dries crystal clear, with a flexible, strong bond....
- Waterproof, weatherproof, UVA resistant and won't become...
- Great for bonding china, metal, tile, shells, ceramics,...
You can use it on any leather, china, metal, wooden and ceramic surface. It offers equally good adhesion and quick set-in on all these materials. Beacon Adhesive Glue dries to crystal clear appearance. So, you can use it on pieces of jewelry as well.
Craft Adhesive is primarily designed for leather and other craftwork where you need to make changes even after the use of adhesive. For that matter, this leather glue offers waterproof bonding that is printable and photo-safe. It is also temperature-resistant. Even if there is a high temperature outside, it won’t lose its adhesive properties.
- 2 ounce tube of clear adhesive
- Washer/dryer safe
The pin-point nozzle of the 2-ounce bottle makes it easy for you to apply it to the narrowest working area, get Craft Adhesive if you are looking for an ideal option for your extensive artwork.
This is the first product in our list that is exclusively made for leather products only. Whether its shoes, belts, purses or any other items carved out of the skin, you can repair it with ALeene’s Leather & Suede Glue.
- If it is leather dry-cleanable only.
- Perfect to repair shoes, purses, belts and other items.
- Available in 4 oz bottle
- Find inspiration and techniques at ilovetocreate.com!
The glue produces a bond that is waterproof and hence dryer-safe. It comes in a 4-ounce nozzle bottle that won’t finish even after many uses.
This is the first leather glue on our list that comes in a tube packaging. Shoe Goo Repair Adhesive Tube, as the name implies, was primarily made for leather and suede shoe repair. However, it shows equally good results for other skin products and even other materials (vinyl, hardboard, rubber, etc) as well.
- Shoe Repair and Protective Coating for Leather, Vinyl,...
- Bonds, protects and rebuilds for a permanent repair
- Excellent sealant - perfect for patching small holes
- Waterproof - bond remains secure even when exposed to water
It creates a bond with high-traction that is also waterproof. These bond qualities ensure that the glue doesn’t wear down even under excessive wear and tear. With 4.5 out of 5-star rating on Amazon, it is very clear that customers are satisfied with its adhesive qualities.
Please note that the items on this list are in no particular order, regardless of what you choose, you cannot go wrong; it is highly recommended though to pick your glue that tailors your craft needs specifically.
We are very positive that you can find quality leather glue from the products we have reviewed here.